SME (Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration) aggressively provides value to our members and improves the image of our industry by:
- Supporting every industry professional and student via the technical and professional development products and services we offer;
- Strengthening the networks among global industry professionals;
- Enabling the exchange of information and ideas for the advancement of the industry;
- Engaging in proactive cooperation among all that have an interest in the industry; and
- Promoting health, safety, environmental and community responsibility in our industry.
Membership in SME is the experience of belonging to a community of minerals professionals. Membership in SME demonstrates pride in the science and technology that you as a professional bring to the world.
Today, more than 11,000 SME members represent all professionals serving the minerals industry including:
- Mining Engineers
- Environmental & Safety Professionals
- Quarry/Mine Managers
SME publications and programs advance and support all aspects of minerals exploration, mining, processing and reclamation. As the nature of the industry is global, so is SME with international sections and members in more than 100 countries.
Do you have any questions or comments for the FLSME? Contact us at FloridaSME@gmail.com or contact one of the SME Officers
FLSME Adress: FL SME PO Box 1060 Mulberry, FL 33860
Hardee High School Get more info here or by contacting: Susan Barton, HHS STEM Coach for furth[...]